The days are getting longer, the warm weather is on its way and many of us are now dreaming of our summer holiday. And of course the Balearic Islands are a top destination. We’re all looking forward to packing our bags, and getting back to travelling, our getaways and magical experiences. That said, before you set off, we want to help with any questions and concerns as you start planning your trip to the Balearics. What documentation do I need? Are there any restrictions? Do I need a Covid passport? What do I need to bear in mind for my Balearic Islands holiday this year?
If you’re travelling from outside the European Union.
1. Regardless of nationality or age, you’ll need to complete a health control form. This doesn’t apply to international passengers with onward travel to another country and in-transit for less than 24 hours. You’ll find the Health Form here: https://spthm.puertos.es/
2. Proof of vaccination, Covid test or recovery certificate. All passengers coming from a country or area classified as at risk for SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus must present one of the following documents in order to enter Spain
- A certificate or document confirming that you have been vaccinated.
- A certificate showing a negative Covid test against active infection, done no earlier than 72 hours before your arrival in the Balearic Islands. Please note: this type of certificate is not accepted for passengers coming from the United Kingdom.
- A certificate of recovery after the end of your illness.
3. There are exceptions – who will not be required to provide these certificates? Passengers arriving from other countries not included on the list of COUNTRIES OR AREAS AT RISK; children under 12 years of age; and passengers in-transit at a Balearic Islands port or airport with a final destination in another country or elsewhere in Spanish territory.
Please bear in mind that all these measures are subject to change depending on the pandemic situation. You’ll find further information here.
The Balearic Islands Health Service also has a network o COVID EXPRÉS points where tourists and locals can take an antigen (lateral flow) test on arrival without needing to book an appointment.
Are you planning to travel from Spain?
Anyone travelling from anywhere in Spanish territory or between the Spanish islands is not required to undergo any extraordinary measures or fill in the Health Form referred to above. However, we always recommend that you check the website in case of any changes
Please remember to follow the basic preventive measures so you can enjoy a safe holiday in the Balearic Islands:
- Wear a mask that properly covers your nose and mouth.
- Use a hand sanitiser
- Keep a safe distance.
Now that we’ve cleared all that up, it’s time to go ahead and decide what type of accommodation you want this summer! At Vibra Hotels we’ve got a wide variety of hotels and apartments in Ibiza and Mallorca for you to choose from – perfect for whether you are travelling with friends, as a couple or with your family.
And our flexible rate allows you to cancel free-of-charge up to 72 hours before your scheduled arrival. This is peace of mind that we think you’ll appreciate!
Please call us on +34 971 30 19 59 and our team will help you make your booking and answer any questions you have.
Don’t put it off any longer. Get booking and enjoy the most incredible holiday ever!
And remember: we’re looking forward to welcoming you here in Ibiza and Mallorca.